At CHAD 2011, REUBEN NISENFELD showed us how to harness the power of nothing … to do nothing … to everything!
FOR IMMEDIATE, PASSIONATE RELEASE
CHAD Chats — The Future Of Soon!
Thursday, May 17, 8pm
@ The Jack London Bar
529 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR
CHAD Chats are back! The CHAD Institute — a not-yet-profitable foundation dedicated to expanding and collapsing the human mind — returns with an all-new evening of satirical PowerPoint presentations from some of the finest minds in Humor, Science, Literature, Infotainment and Other Important Subjects.
- Comedian and World Palindrome Champion MARK SALTVEIT will audiovisualize "The Mystical History of Palindromes: Revelations of Sotadic Truth."
- Local pro-life advocate CARRIE TWOTERM (assisted by Whitney Streed) will engage in a scientific, religious, and dialectic discussion with herself entitled "Where Babies Come From, Where They Go When They Die, and Why This All Is Your Fault."
- Magician JUSTIN HANES will delve into the science of non-science with "Tomorrow's Yesterday: Why Alastair Crowley Was Right."
- Global inspiration pioneer and internal power mentor LANCE BANKS—creator of LanceLife, the Comprehensive Total Life System—will wow the unwowed with his motivational presentation “Let’s Get Down to Business.”
- World-renowned astrophysicist and beloved internet meme CARL SAGAN (channeled by Christian Ricketts) returns with a fresh slideshow on "The Importance of Science in our Daily Lives."
- Famous author MYKLE HANSEN will introduce the presenters, present the introducers, and master ceremoniously throughout the evening.
At CHAD Chats enlightenment, endrinkenment and enlaughenment are scientifically assured! Presentations begin promptly at 8pm on Thursday, May 17th at The Jack London Bar, located at 529 SW 4th Ave in the basement of the Rialto Poolroom. $5 – $10 sliding scale admission. Music and stimulating chit-chat to follow the show.
CHAD CHATS, the 2011 Conference d'CHAD, took place at Portland's SARATOGA BAR on November 11th of that year. Whitney Streed, CHAD Executive Directrix and professional Mistress of Ceremonies, was our cheerful and thought-provoking hostess. No less than five mirthful, mindblowing multimedia CHAD Chats were delivered, leaving conference attendees simultaneously stunned and refreshed. This helpful chart illustrates the impressive degree of mind-expansion that took place:
That evening Virginia Jones, Professor Emeritus at the NIKE Institute For The Study Of Just Doing It, unveiled the secret connection between Abraham Lincoln's assassination and men's pants. Social scientist Dax Jordan explored the astrophysics of gender. Applied Poeticist Reuben Nisenfeld demonstrated the power of Nothing. Our very special guest the late Carl Sagan (channeled by Christian Ricketts) deftly summarized the universe. And Soylentis Spokesmodel Mykle Hansen enthused about how kittens can end world hunger.
The entire evening's CHAD tableau of cranium-fellating infotainment chats were documented by the crack CHAD team of on-site documentarians, led by Dr. Danny Norton. All of these videos will soon be available on internet websites near your head, as part of CHAD's ongoing mission to plant healthy ideas in the fertile minds of vegetables.
Soylentis spokemodel Mykle Hansen explains how his partnership with Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg could end hunger for kittens and humans alike!